Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Saturday, November 19, 2011

Party planning

We had an annual party in December from the year we bought our house until the year before we moved.  We've been in our new house over a year and haven't had a housewarming or annual year-end/holiday party yet.  He wants to wait until the patio is done.  I think that people don't care.  He agrees but still wonders if it will be harder to have a huge number of guests when the outside space is dirt.  I still think people won't care.

A few people have suggested going potluck but that seems so hard to coordinate when the group gets large.  We could barely get the right mix when we had a "small" group for his birthday.  But maybe it could work.

When we moved into our previous house, we asked for fake plants for our dust collector shelf, and we got a good number.  I'm tempted to ask for (rather than potluck food) backyard plants.  That could get tricky though.  Maybe a wishlist, but I'd hate to limit the choices when I don't know what's out there.

I ran across this gluten-free bakery blog and am in love with the photos and entertaining ideas.  I'm tempted to contact her to see if she can do something for me.  I'd assume a cheat day, so no wheat or eggs, but maybe dairy...  Yum, cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment