Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, November 25, 2011

Buffalo Wild Wings

After spending the morning (and part of the afternoon) working around the house with the man and his parents, we went to lunch.  They chose Buffalo Wild Wings.  Pre-allergies, I loved going there for Asian Zing boneless wings and a beer.  As we drove, I found the allergen menu online; I asked the waitress for it anyway, one, to make sure she knew, and two, to confirm what I had found.

According to the menu, the fries and chips and traditional wings were gluten-, dairy-, egg-, and soy-free.  I noticed that the potato wedges had wheat, so I asked about the frying situation, and she came back to let me know that the fries are not fried separately.  Hmmm.  Well, the wings probably aren't either.  But there weren't really any other choices (terrible salad and sandwich choices), so I had traditional wings.

Pear Almond Shake/Smoothie
I found a couple of sauces and a couple of rubs that had no allergens, so I tried the Honey BBQ sauce and the desert heat spice rub.  Since I couldn't have ranch, I had a side of the sauce.  It was actually really good with the desert heat wings.  My MIL used the ranch dressing on her cheeseburger.  Is is that I don't eat ranch anymore, or is that a little unappetizing?  It's been a while and I'm not sure that I feel any better or worse than I would anyway.  It's hard to tell when I've been overdoing it with my activity level, and had a cheat day yesterday.

I was really hungry (stomach growling out loud even) about four hours later, which he did not understand at all since I had 12 wings (no beer).  I had some leftovers and then started looking for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment