Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Revo revisited

I wasn't feeling so great, and decided to get the Revo chicken fajita rice bowl with brown rice for lunch from their gluten-free menu.  I asked the guy if the chips were gluten-free and he said the chips are gluten-free but they are fried in oil that is not gluten-free.  Everything fried goes in the same oil.  A-ha moment!  This may be a portion of my problem--I can't eat corn chips at restaurants without confirming that they use separate oil.  (And they don't, we already know that.)  Do I leave a package of gluten-free chips in my car for when I go to Mexican food restaurants?  The good news is that the corn tortillas are made with corn, water, and lime, so I can eat those.

So, let's go back to the not feeling great.  I did only get 4 hours of sleep, but I don't think that is the big issue.  A lady at work almost always notices when I'm having a painful day.  She said that she can see it my face.  I'm sure I can't totally hide it; I'm feeling successful to not cry sometimes.  I noticed, as I have recently, that my pain and tightness are accompanied by nasal congestion.  I actually took a Benadryl before lunch and felt better most of the afternoon.

Unfortunately, I was in pain again by the time I went to agility class.  A lady I know asked me about my weight and diet, but from a different point of view.  She was concerned because she thought I looked weak, like maybe I wasn't eating or not eating the right stuff.  One of the instructors said she thinks that the dogs do pick up on it when I'm not moving well, so it is more of a struggle for me and them.

No comments:

Post a Comment