Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, November 10, 2011

Feeling the love

It's nice to know someone worries about me.  My husband's dad checked in on me because he was worried.  Not that he had to be, but I was surprised by it.

At a club meeting, there was some commentary about how boring my diet must be and I can't eat anything, and all that stuff I'm getting used to hearing.  Lunch will be provided at our event this weekend, so there were comments about how I'd have to bring my own food.  I'm getting used to that, too.

Before we left, I was handed a 6 week old baby who was just starting to get fussy.  Apparently I still have the touch.  I adjusted her position a couple times and then she was quiet and relaxed.  And adorable.  She has hair like my sister had when she was a baby.

I was thinking about the somewhat negative commentary about my limited diet choices and then I saw Mark Bittman's latest blog post about brown rice--not just for hippies.  I plan to try 8 of the 12 suggested combinations.  I'm pretty sure Bittman wrote this article just for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment