Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Buca di Beppo

My company's holiday lunch was scheduled at Buca di Beppo.  I love their food but it is served family style, and--against my will--I'm high maintenance now.  Since I had some advance notice, I found their gluten free and dairy free menu items online, and then I emailed:

I have a restricted diet due to a combination of allergies and health issues. The firm I work for is having a lunch at your restaurant soon, and I would like to attend. I loved your restaurant but haven't been in since I found I can't have wheat, bakers yeast, egg whites, dairy, or soy.

I would like a copy of your gluten free/dairy free menu. Can you confirm these--yeast, egg whites, soy--are not in the chicken limone, chicken marsala, green beans or salads, including dressings? Can the salads be modified to eliminate the dairy (such as cheese) or wheat (such as croutons)?

Thank you in advance for your help.

And I received a response, including their gluten-free menu:

Thank you for writing to us. We would like to inform that we make every effort to provide a safe and enjoyable dining experience for our allergic and sensitive guests. Please find attached a list of our gluten-free options. At this time, we cannot prepare gluten-free pasta in our kitchen because of the presence of wheat pasta in the pasta cooker.

In addition, please know that we have forwarded your letter to our Scottsdale location. Our managers will be glad to contact you back and assist you with your other requests regarding food allergies. Also, if you prefer, you can call them directly at 480.949.6622.


We look forward to celebrating with you soon. Thanks again for writing.
Ciao!!!


The Buca di Beppo Famiglia

The bold emphasis is mine.  I learned something new when I received their response.  When I looked at the g/f menu they sent, it gave me more information than online.  The entrees listed online as g/f are really modifiable to g/f.  For example, the chicken dishes are dusted in flour, but don't have to be.  I took the menu, with my notes, to the person who would be ordering for us, and she ordered mine separately to reduce confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment