Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Sunday, November 20, 2011

Oh, how my garden grows. -ish.

Some things are making progress, some seem to be the same as last week.  I can't find any more of those green catepillars, since I actually dug up the affected plants and pulled some babies out from underneath.  But there are little green aphid looking things on my lettuce now.  I sprayed this weekend when I saw them.  I'm still struggling with the mushroom invasion, now taking more root in the pots outside the garden but still showing their slimy heads in my raised garden as well.  I'm still uncertain about the amount of water the garden is getting--it seems too wet but what do I know.

I'm doing a little reading from my Linked-in groups and found several ideas and resources.
  • I need to borrow a dehydrator from someone.  I bought this awesome freeze-dried herb mix in the produce section of the grocery store a few months ago, and have never seen it in a store again since then.  I would LOVE to make my own.  I would not love to buy another thing that I don't know how much I will use.
  • For you, K: homemade cleaners, including how to clean your oven without toxic chemicals.  I need more plastic bottles...
  • I can (and should) eat these spices for better health.  I'll have to remember to add cinnamon to my almost daily oatmeal.  I should probably just follow this blog and get it over with.  It's, well, I want to say it's kinda green, even for me, but that's not quite right--it's just a crafty vibe.  Anyway, it has great resources and tips.  And I like the progress reports about the organic garden.  Much better than mine!
  • I'm not sure I completely agree that Wheat is evil.
  • A guide to rose colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment