Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Sunday, July 6, 2014

Weekend wrapup: Independence Day

I did a lot of nothing in between rounds of doing more strenuous somethings.
 
I'm starting to think that my sink will never be empty.
 
Our neighborhood has an annual progressive pool party so we attended, coming back to our house between to refill and let the dogs out.
 
I made strawberry simple syrup and had strawberry coconut margaritas. So yum. I can't find the recipe that said you MUST use 1800 coconut tequila but I did and you must.
Luci!
I probably should have used a smaller cup. I don't remember doing it, but I bruised my toe at the first or second house. And I got a "bar blister" on my elbow at the last one. I'm a mess!
 
I made bacon wrapped rosemary honey figs to take and they were a hit. The figs are from our tree so I think I'll be making a lot of these! Bonus: they are Paleo. :)
That's all that's left. Nope...gone.
We are also getting a lot of zucchini so I made teff pancakes and added shredded zucchini to the batter. Yum.
Day-after breakfast
PS. We bought 1800 blueberry margaritas at Total Wine. As you might guess (or you might not--these pre-mixed things are pretty popular) I thought it tasted kind of artificial. I liked my homemade margaritas much better.
 
Update: I'm not sure my body liked that blueberry margarita either. Something's not making me happy the next day...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment