Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Pasta dinner

Since this is a fairly typical dinner at my house, I'm not sure why I took a photo to post for you. The most noteworthy thing is that the pasta was pretty inexpensive--it was a "normal" grocery store sale for Barilla gluten-free penne pasta. While people can have their various opinions about the gluten-free "fad," I think it's great if it makes gluten-free products more available and brings the prices of gluten-free products down. (Not that all those products are great but still....)

So I made meat sauce with ground turkey (beef, bison, lamb, or pork work just as well) with lots of tiny chopped veggies (peppers, carrots, eggplant, zucchini), a mix of Classico marinara and Trader Joe puttanesca sauce, and fresh parsley. 
I served mine with green beans. Have you seen these steamer bags of broccoli or green beans or sweet potatoes at Costco? So brilliant. There's usually 4 packages in the bag and I can use a package for 2-3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment