Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Saturday, July 12, 2014

Tastes like pistachio ice cream kale smoothie

As always, I'm trying to get more veggies in my diet. When I ran across this kale smoothie recipe on Pinterest that claimed to taste like pistachio ice cream, I thought...what--really?

Then I ran across the recipe, almost exactly the same, in the magazine Delight. I have a one year subscription I purchased at the Gluten-Free Expo; it's about to run out and I'm not planning to renew since I've found very little I could actually use because of my myriad of allergies. Sigh.

Anyhoo. I bought a bag of kale mix (includes collards, spinach and grated carrot) and modified the recipe a little. I used pears instead of bananas and ground ginger instead of fresh.

I don't know if I'd say it was just like pistachio ice cream but it was pretty damn good. I'll be making this one again.

Update: I used another Pinterest idea: make your own smoothie bags. So I made enough bags for 4 days, put them in the freezer, and had smoothies for breakfast on my way to work. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment