Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, July 17, 2014

Cooking class Part 2

Sage offered a second vegan cooking class at Whole Foods on Camelback. I went and the bearded lady was there but attendance was a LOT less than last time.

First they made the alfredo. The sample was with a butternut squash ravioli. It was pretty awesome. You're lucky I got a photo before I sucked it down. I restrained myself from licking the bowl like a jello shot. Cause I'm classy like that.
ravioli with alfredo sauce
Next they made a cookie. It was like a Larabar. I don't know that I'd make this but it was good.

cookie
My main issue with this class (nope, not the bearded lady) was that they didn't give us the recipes so everyone was trying to write the steps down and asking each other for the measurements that the demonstrator gave way too fast.

And apparently I need a Vitamix. But I really don't want to spend that kind of money.

Whole Foods has got quite the racket with these freebie classes. I bought some stuff, of course. I saw on nomnompaloe that Coconut Secret was introducing some sauces I could have. And I found them! I'm so excited...I just can't hide it. Sing it with me now.
You are coming home with me.
I also found a nut based cheese that I was tempted to buy but decided against. It wasn't cheap. No, it was more not cheap than you think. Maybe another time. When I'm too hungry to be shopping...
You are not coming home with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment