Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, July 2, 2014

The pie and the elbow macaroni

Is almost the holiday weekend. We will be attending the neighborhood progressive pool party. My internal dialog killed me today. I wanted to go to the gluten free bakery for treats because YUM and everyone else will be eating yummy things so why not me. But...I shouldn't go to the bakery because I'm a size (ahem, or two) larger than last year. It sucks!
 
I went under the mental guise of getting pizza crusts, which I got. Along with vegan blueberry muffins, cupcakes and cookies. And an apple pie! I don't know why this was so appealing but...fourth of July...apple pie...
 
I went to Whole Foods for a green juice to make up for my treats I bought but hadn't even eaten yet. Then I was on to Walgreens to pick up my prescription. Although I had finished the juice, I was hungry.
 
I sometimes go to Pita Jungle when I go to Walgreens so I went. I thought I'd probably take some leftovers. Or not.
When the food runner brought my plates, the veggies looked good but the chicken tikka masala looked different than usual. I waited for the waiter and he said they had changed it so I requested that he confirm my allergens again. He came back and have me the okay so I started eating. The cabbage did not speak to me so I stayed removing it and saw this.
 
An elbow macaroni. Wheat. WTF.
 
I ate my veggies (I was hungry, going on hangry) and the waiter finally came back. He thought I didn't like it. I told him about the wheat and I couldn't eat it. He brought me done tea to go and they picked up my check. Gah! Why do I eat out?
 
Why do I eat at all? I can't remember the last time I went more than a day without gas, bloating, constipation, and/or diarrhea. I'm pretty sure that has something to do with my weight gain but it sounds like an excuse.
 
After returning to the office for a while, I went for my monthly visit for the drug trial. Vitals, blood and urine, oh my. I asked about my MRI results and she said she would get them and email me.
 
Next I went to see Dr. Q for some adjusting. My back on the left lower area was so tender. He asked if I was taking magnesium and I said I've had too much digestive issues. (Magnesium supplements can cause diarrhea for some people, like me.) He recommended a topical magnesium (a nickel size amount daily) so I bought this.
 
Somehow I ended up reporting complaining about my sweatiness and odor. He recommended a specific roll on sold at Whole Foods, so I went there next.

I bought the one that looked most like his description but I'm pretty sure this isn't it. I think it is supposed to be taller and not a crystal. Sigh.
 
I was hungry going in and we all know that is a big mistake but I really needed to pee before going home so that is how I ended up at Whole Paycheck while hungry.
 
And I got some margeza sausage for dinner and made our with some Lundberg lentils and rice. I added green olives to mine. Not bad. The rice and lentils didn't really do it for me but I liked the sausage once it was out of the casing. Because casings are gross.
 
You know what else is gross? (You've been warned...)
 
I have to wear tops that cover my chest. I wore this today. It's fine and comfortable (I LOVE these shoes) but it sucks trying on everything looking for something to cover my freakiness.
 
I keep getting these gross things on my chest area, kind of like acne but it doesn't seem to be preventable or treatable and it takes weeks to go away and then it starts again. This has been going on for years. I'm so DONE. I can't figure it out. This is the worst so far--FOUR of them. FML.
Those aren't moles.
My awesomeness can't be contained.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment