Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I am a boss.

I don't think of myself as "the boss" but someone on my team does! She got me an AJ's gift card for Bosses Day because I go get ice tea there. That is a very thoughtful gift.
A gift! For me!
I forgot to take photos but I had a weird experience at Beckett's Table. I like that place and my friend B wanted to go so we went and had something we've had before. We split a salad and each had the cast iron chicken. I have it with vegetables and no butter and she has it with the standard stuffing. I also have a lovely Tito's drink.
 
The salad comes out and my first bite has a weird crunch. So I look closer. We're sitting outside so the lighting is not great. There is some kind of brittle on our salad. Huh. I don't remember that. It is a seasonal restaurant so I guess we should have asked more questions. B points out that it usually doesn't have lettuce either; she is picking it out as she has been having some trouble with lettuce.
 
We flag down our guy and confirm the brittle has butter. I really debate picking it off or having a new one made (he had already run off) but B encourages me to do what I know I should. So they had to make me a new salad. I don't think we'll get that again for a while. The chicken was fantastic though. Even without butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment