Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, July 25, 2013

Mashed potatoes!

I'm in love. I'm in love with my new KitchenAid stand mixer.
The object of my affection.
I made mashed potatoes using it and they turned out so awesome. I think I was able to let them whip a lot longer than I would have with the hand mixer.

chicken slathered in mayo, dusted in seasoning
I also made "Shake and Bake" chicken using one of the Namaste coating mixes. Before shaking with the mix, I used mayo instead of egg wash (an idea I recently saw somewhere; I didn't come up with that on my own!) and Cajun seasoning. I cooked in a thin layer of oil and got really good results. I forgot to take a finished photo though!
chicken in coating
I made last minute corn kernels with butter for his and coconut butter for mine.

Update: I took leftovers for lunch and it was still yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment