Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Sunday

My family cancelled Easter lunch due to multiple members working, so we only had one stop to make. We went to my husband Mick's parents' house. I took some leftover mashed potatoes but I knew that my FIL was making "my" sweet potatoes so I figured between those two things, I'd get by.

When we got there, we talked about the sweet potatoes and then he showed me that he made the ham without any glaze or anything (and it was really good) and the corn on the cob was just cooked in water so everyone else could add butter afterwards but I could eat it too. Wow. I can't even express how I felt. After all the comments and jabs I have gotten (not just from them of course), he really went out of his way to make sure I could eat a meal with them. The gratitude I feel today is an unexpected blessing. I hugged him and thanked him at least 3 or 4 times while we were there!

Pink for Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment