Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, April 22, 2010

The 40th Earth Day

I didn't realize it (don't label me!) but I am a Gen Xer. I thought this blog post about why Gen Xers are not joining the green movement to the same degree as other age groups (especially the Boomers?!) was interesting. Of course it is overgeneralized. I think my in-laws fall in the Boomers category and they are WAY less green than I am. But my husband (my age) has been ignoring the green movement. I wonder if that is because of his role models, as one of the commenters suggests. If they don't, he won't? Well, I certainly hear a lot from my age group about the convenience factor and I relate to a lot of what the author says. But the green things she IS doing are the green things I am doing. I am making an effort. The one thing I think she missed is that we are skeptical. I find it hard to jump on a bandwagon that hasn't found the best solution yet. (ie. CFLs)

No comments:

Post a Comment