Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, November 17, 2009

(Chocolate) Milk does a body good

I've taken to drinking organic chocolate 1% milk on occasion now that I don't drink soda. Since I started drinking my "milk box" I've read that chocolate milk is an excellent drink after working out. (I usually drink light chocolate soy milk then, out of the carton, since no one else I know drinks it and it's easier!)

The New York Times had an article about drinking chocolate milk to reduce inflammation. The study used cocoa powder and skim milk and found that participants "had significantly lower levels of several inflammatory biomarkers, though some markers of cellular inflammation remained unchanged. Participants also had significantly higher levels of good HDL cholesterol." I'm interested to hear what the MS community thinks about using chocolate milk to reduce inflammation.

No comments:

Post a Comment