Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, November 6, 2009

Chicken Coop

So with the possibility of an acre plus backyard, I have been thinking about getting chickens. Chickens need a coop, especially with my hunting dogs sharing a yard! As I understand it, the chickens will automatically go back into the coop at sunset if they are out. I've also been told that I should have 3 egg laying chickens and that a coop that can be moved around will allow for maximum fertilization of the lawn. (Although someone told me their urine will burn the lawn?) At the VSWC Hunt test, I found out that several people have opinions on what hens to get, so I'll have to pick their brains later.

No comments:

Post a Comment