Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, August 31, 2012

Dinosaur BBQ Sauce

St. Louis ribs on the Green Egg
The man wanted homemade barbecue sauce, something like "dinosaur sauce" someone made that he liked but knew I couldn't have. He needed it today while I was at work, so I stayed up extremely late making it and helping with the rib rub as well. I was so exhausted, I can't even explain it. I was a tad grumpy. (If by tad, we mean, GRRR.)

We found a recipe that I could use and I made some minor adaptations. I left out the bell pepper and jalepeno because I didn't have them, substituted yellow mustard for the spicy mustard for the same reason, and left out the liquid smoke because I doubt I can have it so I don't have it. Also, now that I'm looking at the recipe again, I realize why it was so hot and awesome. I used cayenne pepper instead of cayenne pepper sauce! Oops. Well, it turned out friggin' awesometastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment