Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, March 4, 2011

News

I didn't watch the Charlie Sheen mess, but have heard a lot about it.  I was curious when I saw this headline, but I didn't realize The Disposable Woman was about his history with women.  I can't believe that his agent said this:“You’re entitled to behave however the hell you like as long as you don’t scare the horses and the children,”  As the author says: Scaring women, it seems, was just fine.  Wow, we've come a long way, baby.  Not.

I bought coconut oil on a whim during a shopping trip to Sprouts.  And then I got home and thought--what do I do with this?  It's not a liquid, as I thought.  Then I read something about how we aren't supposed to use solid oils and wondered if I was wrong to buy it.  I had used it in the skillet for some dishes, but really have been waiting for a sign.  There are cooks using it in place of Crisco in pastry crusts and baked goods, among other things!  I can't wait to try making "Magic Shell" (which I stopped buying when I read the ingredients).

No comments:

Post a Comment