Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Agility Class

My DH brought the dogs to class for me, so he was able to hold onto the dog I wasn't working with while I worked with the other.  Before class, Teka tried to play with a passing dog, and it growled at Cassi.  Hmm.  It was course night, and I was able to run twice with each dog.

The course kind of snaked back and forth, starting on the left front and ending on the right front.  It started with a U shaped tunnel to a dog walk, 45 degree right turn to a jump, then more than a 45 degree right turn onto the teeter.  From there was a two jump "serpentine" with the third serpentine being the weave entry.  It was pretty difficult.  Coming out of the weaves (long way between the start and finish of the course) was a front cross U turn to the tire, parallel with a jump (so the dog is doing a U turn from the tire to the jump), then a front or rear cross for 3 jumps heading to the back of the course but not lined up.  The last one requires an "out" toward the right, but then a sharp left turn to the table.  Off the table is a jump to the back, a right turn to a chute going right, out to a jump heading back to the front, over the A-frame to a jump placed a little to the right, out to the left to the left end of a tunnel.

Teka was pumped up and did pretty well with her speed.  We missed the weave entry but she did them quickly.  The jumps leading to the table were difficult as she kept looking back at me so I had to take her all the way over rather than the desired way of sending and calling to the table.  She went through the wrong end of the last tunnel, and the second time we ran, she came out and ended up in the U, looking over at me, so she jumped it!

Cassi did the teeter really well the first time, but the second time she jumped or fell of the side, so I took her back to do it again (slooowly).  I got her into the weaves well once but not the other time.  She paused each time on the tire--but the most on the first time (and I put her through an extra time).  For some reason, she paused at the table but then was fine.  And I turned toward the A-frame too early so she didn't go in the chute on one run.  The next one, she came out of the chute really wide because the Mr. was distracting her.  (He tried with Teka's second run but she ignored him--she was glued to me.  *sigh*  I'm not sure I'm ever going to get distance with her.)  Cassi's second run, we even got the correct side of the last tunnel--I did it as a rear cross behind the jump and pulled her to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment