Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Sunday, December 6, 2009

USDAA Agility Trial

Day 2 started with leash running for Gamblers. I think my girls would have done this gamble--it was a jump to a tunnel, then the tire and last jump. I could have entered but I have decided to limit my entries to 2 per dog per day, and I wanted to run Standard and Jumpers. Mike was able to attend and film my runs. I found out that Teka actually got a 3rd place in the Snookers runs at the end of yesterday, although she did not qualify due to time. One of the (three) photographers got a couple of good photos of Cassi yesterday. He printed them in a collage type of page, for a total of 4 photos with her name. One was her down on the table and one showed how she kicks the tire with her back feet, so I got the page from him, although I don't usually buy the photos, since I have my own photographer!

Teka's Standard run was disappointing. She was distracted and took a lot of coaxing through the weaves and then poo'd on course. (Elimination=elimination!)

Cassi's Standard run was better; she got 4th place but she did not qualify due to time. She took several tries to get the weaves and did a slow (not her worst ever!) teeter. She did manage to get the table this time when I gave her a big "EASY" on the way.

Teka's Jumpers run was not bad, but she lost time when she was distracted by the photographer. However, I was pleased with her run because she did manage to continue coming back to me as she got distracted. She got her "switch" too.

Cassi's Jumpers was good, and would have been faster with another handler. :) She really was focused and trying to do what I asked so I ended the day very happy. She actually got both a Q (qualifying score) and a 3rd place. When we got home, Mike confirmed that was her 3rd Jumpers P1 Q, so that was her titling run. Great way to end the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment