Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, December 10, 2009

Alemtuzemab Trial Six Month visit

First a visit to Dr M. He seemed okay with my walking this time (relative to last) but my balance was horrible. It's a close my eyes and stand type test and I could even tell I was swaying.

Then to Dr G. He showed me pictures of his Airedales and we discussed the "breakthrough" article I read. He said that there is a trial starting in Buffalo related to that surgery.

Then over to the Hope Center. R took a LOT of my blood, at least 6 tubes. (I wasn't watching, just saw him putting them in the container.) R said another guy wanted to come in to do the blood draw but he said no on the large volume. I gave him a little grief that he was going to bruise me, so I'll have to let him know that my arm did not fall off! He said they are testing lymphocytes, thyroid, platelets (that's every month), and some others I forgot.

I had to do all the quarterly tests with another guy--pegs and vanishing eye charts and math and walking. I guess I passed. :) The whole thing, from the time I left my office until I got home, was over 2 1/2 hours. It usually is closer to 3 hours but the doctors both got me in very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment