Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, December 15, 2009

FB or BB (Facebook is Big Brother)

So a friend posts on FB:

Facebook, as of today, will automatically index all your info on Google, which allows everyone to view it. To change this option, go to Settings --> Privacy Settings --> Search --> then UN-CLICK the box that says 'Allow indexing'. Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy and paste onto your status for all your friends .


Then I read an article (http://www.nytimes.com/external/readwriteweb/2009/09/16/16readwriteweb-5-easy-steps-to-stay-safe-and-private-on-fac-6393.html?em) that explains five things you NEED to know on FB. I've already done a couple, like creating lists and changing privacy settings but I did the last one. Applications are gathering data, so I changed settings. I don't use many but everyone else does and this actually works for your FRIENDS' apps, not yours!

Watch out, ya'll, FB is going to be renamed BB (big brother).

No comments:

Post a Comment