Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Agility class and stuff

Sunday I set up the weave poles and started "weaving for breakfast" with the girls. Cassi is a bit spaztastic but knows what she's supposed to do, so I've added a hoop for her. Unfortunately, I don't have a frame for it, so she's having a bit of fun with running around it while I'm holding it and trying to get her through it! Teka is really sporadic on the weaves. She's not getting the entry concept yet and I may have to backtrack and try the two by two again.

Monday I stopped by Travel Hounds and tried on several pairs of her new agility tennis shoes, including some mens. I got a pair--good traction, good fit, adjustable inserts, and she gave me a discount since I was going to buy them when she had them on special but she didn't have my size. I also realized that she carries my dog food, kibble and frozen raw. (I'm going to have to find somewhere not as far north as Pet Food Depot if we move out west.) I'm going to wear them for a couple of lunchtime walks this week to prepare for this weekend. Oh, she also told me that she may be able to rent a teeter out to me and see if I really need to buy it. I'm still thinking of buying the frame online and using the board M made for me already.

Tuesday I received my running order for the trial this weekend. I think Teka's going to get bumped up to Cassi's jump height when they measure her, but Cassi's in the middle of her group and there seem to be a lot entered in that height, so I think that will be okay. Since I have to be there early to get Teka measured, I think I'm going to volunteer for the first ring both days.

And tonight was class. We worked on pairs courses--a first for me. It actually went really well. Teka was not too interested in the other dog and did everything pretty well except the weaves. Cassi did a fast teeter! (a little slower the second time) There's hope for them this weekend, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment