Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, December 14, 2009

Success Roadmap

At a conference, I picked up a free book and got a complimentary consultation for my success roadmap. The concept is a life planning type concept that is used for developing a financial planning business, so I thought I wouldn't get a whole lot from it, since I don't have my own business. So I explained to my consultant (Accountability coach--love that title--do any of my friends want it?) how I fit in my company. He agreed that I would not want their main service but we went through the roadmap process anyway for me so I can see if it would work with clients. I would say that it probably would; I thought it was similar to some of the holistic planning approaches we incorporate now.

As we went through the process, I realized that the thing that I find taking more of my mental time right now is my "Secret Garden" so he worked with me a little on what would have to happen to make that happen at the new house. While we defined some numbers and time frames for goals, I think I have already defined some of those, just not with such specificity.

I found it interesting that he had me make specific commitments for achieving some of my goals that I consider more ambiguous. I know that I want to make family and friends more of a priority but can't always figure out how to make it happen. Some of the blame has to go to my family and friends since most of them don't make the effort either. However, by the end of our session, he had me commit to 2 dates to see my grandma (this was easy as I was already planning a visit while C and R are visiting and then Christmas is right after that) as well as a set amount of time each month I will devote to being with friends and family. I have put it in my planner for each month's to-do-this month, so we'll see if this works! I need to do the same thing for things like working out, meditating/yoga, shopping for healthy food. Unfortunately, these are not the urgent things that take up my time! So I guess I have my mandate (resolution) for next year....

No comments:

Post a Comment