Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, December 8, 2011

Unexpected.

I took my lunch to work but then the office emptied out and I had to run an errand, so I decided to eat out.  One of my errands was near Babbo's, so I went in and decided to order something I've had a couple times, the pesto chicken (on the "blackboard" menu) with no pesto/cheese, and the mista salad with no cheese or croutons.  The chicken comes with roasted veggies on the side, in addition to the veggies on top of the roasted chicken.  Of course I skip the starter bread.  I love the green ice tea so I had a glass.

When my meal came, I was surprised that the veggies were ice cold; the chicken was lukewarm.  My waiter was MIA, but the chef and the manager were talking nearby so I went over, and told them that, although I've never had this happen before here, my meal is cold, could I get it warmed up.  The chef immediately said he would remake it and the manager apologized and said that they were just talking about that; someone else had just had the same complaint.  He didn't place blame or anything like that, they just started taking care of it, which I really appreciated.  Since the chef had already gone back to the kitchen, I asked the manager to remind him that I had no pesto or cheese.

My hot meal was soon in front of me, and I ate it all, with a second glass of tea.  When I got my bill, I asked the waiter if it was correct, and he said yes.  They charged me for my tea, but not my meal.  Nicely done!  Excellent recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment