Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, December 30, 2011

It might be working!

A woman from the endocrinologist's office called because they got the results of my fasting blood test.  She said I was over-medicating. I was amused at the way she said it since they prescribed my medication.  She said she would call in a new prescription for 50 mcg of Synthroid.  That's less than I started at!  Is it actually possible that my severe reduction in soy in my diet is working, that my body is working better?

We went out for New Year's Eve eve with a friend we used to see on New Year's Eve but he had other plans.  His girlfriend's friend actually explained the soy/thyroid thing much better than I can.  I should have written it down!  We went to Arrogant Butcher and they completely customized a dish for me--the salmon but instead of farro, I had roasted vegetables.  We all split some salads--the chopped salad was fine as it comes; the other salad had farro which was left off and the cookies were on one side so I ate the other side.  I also had some of the prosciutto and garlic appetizer, without the bread or cheese.  So much yumminess.

It was interesting, the girls asked a lot about my diet and allergies, but also checked in with me to make sure they weren't making me uncomfortable or focusing too much on it.  I appreciated that they were curious without being insensitive.  And the one who ordered the salmon (as it normally would be served, including apples that I didn't get) commented that mine looked better, maybe she should have gotten the same.  Sweet!

Update: When the woman at the doctor's office said she was going to call in the new prescription, she was going to call the Walgreen's by my office.  I asked her to call the Walgreen's near my house and I gave her the intersection.  I didn't look up the address since I was trying to leave for my car's maintenance appointment.  When I got the call from Walgreen's the next day, it was another Walgreen's, not at all on my way anywhere.  grr.  But I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment