Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pesto spaghetti squash with tomatoes

Last weekend, before we went out, I ran across some information about a cookbook that sounded interesting.  While we were out, we went to the bookstore, and I found the book.  It's my kind of cookbook--pictures of the recipes!  It also has variations and tips which will be very useful.  It is Paleo Comfort Foods (homestyle cooking for a gluten-free kitchen).  So I don't have a gluten-free kitchen but wouldn't that be nice....

I got a spaghetti squash in my produce box, so I tried the pesto spaghetti squash with tomatoes.  I made it pretty close to the recipe but I don't think I used enough basil or tomatoes, and I added two chicken apple sausages with the (pork) casing cut off.  The interesting thing is that it uses walnuts instead of pine nuts.  My husband tried it and said it was pretty good.  Then he sat down with a plate of it and decided the first bite was the best one; he couldn't eat very much of it.  It took him a minute to understand there wasn't any pasta; I don't think he liked the texture of the spaghetti squash.

I would definitely make this again.  Although this book has a lot of eggs in it, I think I will use it quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment