Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Go!

I took the day off from work to take care of things.  First, I had an appointment at the naturopathic college.  My students (L and S) started with my vitals and I'm done to 162.5 (but just under or around 160 at home).  L is graduating with my previous student, H, so I will see S next time and then probably have a new student in January.  I explained about losing control of my right arm as well as my pain last weekend.  She said that it was a good sign that my pain episodes seem to be shorter.  Hmm, maybe that's true.  I was still miserable.

L did acupuncture primarily on my shoulder.  The first point was actually in the soft part of my right hand between the pinky finger and the outer wrist.  It hurt quite a bit and she re-did it; it still hurt but subsided.  The rest of the points were okay.  In addition, she did work on my "lower back" area where I have so much pain.  It was kind of a massage of my buttocks, and she used castor oil.  L was showing S the spasms there and the points that relax after the work.  When I flipped over, she worked on the area just inside the hip bone.  They have determined that the "iliad" (that what it sounds like to me) is causing some of the trouble.  This is consistent with the tightness I feel through the front hip area when I have the other pains.  We talked about "radiation" or how the pain moves down the leg, which for me, is more on the left side although the tightness is more on the right side.  Is this a step closer to my light at the end of the tunnel or another wrong path?

I had some time before my next appointment and I thought about getting lunch but it was too early and I wasn't hungry.  I have been trying to find some replacement shoes online at JCPenney, without any luck, so I decided to go by the mall.  They had them, in black and brown, on sale.  They also had some fierce peep toe pumps on the clearance rack.  I'm not sure if I'll keep the heels but I know I'll get a lot of use for the replacements.

I went to the dentist for a routine visit.  I asked about the frequency of the Xrays, and the technician explained that the newer digital technology is much lower radiation.  I also asked about the extra protection for the thyroid and she showed me the flap on the protective gear that they use.  Since I asked, she was more careful about making sure it was pulled up as far as possible.

The dentist wants to fill in the top of my back teeth to keep them from getting stuff caught, causing decay.  Since I have a lot of trouble keeping those teeth clean through the day, with everything getting caught, I am letting them price it out for next year.

I was hungry by the time I left there, but I wasn't sure what I wanted to eat or that I had time for a sit-down meal, since I couldn't think of any fast place to eat.  So I looked for a juice place and accidentally found a Smoothie King. Not sure that's really my definition of a fruit smoothie but okay.

Then I went for my "quarterly" visit with the drug trial neurologist Dr. M and had my blood drawn at Sonora. That is way too much to do in one day but at least it wasn't spread out over several days.

No comments:

Post a Comment