Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, July 25, 2011

What a weekend.

Weekends.  TGIF and then, bam, Monday, Monday.

Friday night, well, it's the end of a long week and we're just getting stuff done.  Including calling a family member about a party that is supposed to be Saturday.  We're calling the family member because we didn't get an invitation.  It's not at all where we thought it would be.  They apparently forgot that we moved to the southwest valley.  Even though they have been to our new house.  More than once.

Our friends came over Saturday morning.  He installed our kitchen lights and she brought me her old bike (she got a new fancy bike).  When they left, we got ready to leave.

We went to my friend's house in the far east valley; she is moving with her family to Chicago in a couple of weeks.  We've been friends for about 20 years and I am going to miss her.  She is uber-fun.  She was having a yard sale outside and a discount sale for friends and family inside to get rid of her husband's stock of sunglasses.  I called to find out if we could still come over since we were running pretty late and I thought they would be packed up.  I won't have another chance to see her before she leaves.  She was enthusiastic so we went.  And hung out with her and her sister (another friend of mine, who was selling her stock of dresses from a retail store she just closed) for a few hours.  They gave us some unreal deals.  And we got to hang out.

When we left, the party (the one we weren't really invited to attend but were expected to attend) was already started. And we were probably an hour away.  Did I mention that the party location was in the northeast valley?  No, more northeast.  Keep going.  You're almost there.  But we're not.  It's not even close to the people throwing the party or, as far as I know, any of their friends.  I hope they won't care that we aren't going, since we weren't invited.

We go to dinner with friends who were out of town for my husband's birthday.  We go to a bar and get kicked out before we get in.  (I can't make this up!)  We go to another and have a good time dancing.  And, for someone in our group, apparently drinking too much.  Great group of friends, fun times.  Out way too late.  I was actually nervous driving home, I was so tired.  I know, I'm old.

My husband insisted we were going out with friends in the morning.  And we haven't even packed for his business trip.  We get up, not at all early enough, and yet way too early, and pack for his trip.  Then we go meet the friends.  He and the other guy leave for their trip.  Girls day out!  Or in.  We go to lunch (margaritas!) and then to my house for Dance Dance Revolution, Mudslides, Kettle Crinkle Buffalo Bleu Potato Chips, and Mario Smash Bros.  Kickin ass, takin names!

When they leave, I eat a little dinner and sit down to read in front of the TV.  And then I wake up and go to bed.  I know, I'm old tired.

I don't know that I would change anything I did this weekend.  But I think this represents my weekends pretty well.  So if you come over and my floors are dirty, or the toilets need to be cleaned, or there is laundry drying on my patio and in all my bathrooms, give me a break.  (Okay, that last one is because my dryer is broken and under warranty and they aren't coming to fix it for two weeks.)  I don't actually spend any time here....  Don't judge me!

1 comment:

  1. You know we don't care if your house is dirty. Ours is dirty too! And I spend time here!

    ReplyDelete