Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Out of control

I recently went to a time management course and I'm trying to modify my system to be more efficient.  I'm not sure I'm there yet.  I'm having a lot of emotional ups and downs and feeling very out of control.  I have this master list, and a daily list, and then all of these things happen.

We bought a new washer and dryer when we moved last year.  My dryer has stopped drying.  I have laundry all over my house.  I'm pretty frustrated by the extra work.

Maybe I've been more stressed than usual.  I'm having an outbreak of the vaginal type.  Off I go to the gynecologist.  Wow, that was painful.  They take blood and send me away with a prescription for Valtrex.  But I get a free gift with purchase: an order to get a mammogram after my birthday.

I go to Walgreens to fill my prescription.  I'm not feeling so well; I'm probably walking pretty slowly as it hurts to move suddenly.  A lady is walking nearby, and she starts saying (very loudly) "praise Jesus" and then singing the song that is playing on the store system.  I've never heard this song before but she is complaining very loudly about the lack of other people praising Jesus and wondering very loudly how everyone can just stand there and not sing.  Are you kidding me?  You are so Christian, you want to loudly worship in the Walgreens and then you are going to be totally judgmental about a bunch of (presumably) sick people at the Walgreens pharmacy not sharing your vision of how to worship our Savior Jesus Christ?  Maybe you should go home and read your Bible more.

In the past couple weeks, Cassi pooped and peed in the house.  We had the doggie door closed while we're retraining the girls that they can't bark incessantly at the neighbor dogs.  One day, I was working at home and she had been outside a couple hours earlier, but there it was.  Then she pooped in the house while my husband was home.  Then he came home yesterday and found that she had pushed her way out of her playpen (she can't be in a traditional kennel because she is claustrophobic) so that she could poop on the floor.  I was concerned when it started that it could be a medical issue, but it seemed more likely a behavioral issue.  That last one caused me to call the vet, so she went today.  They are going to check her poop for parasites (when I bring a sample in) and they prescribed an antibiotic and probiotics.

I'm checking things off the list but only because I have to add all of these urgent things to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment