Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Extra spoons? Yes, please!

One giant spoon
Yesterday, in class, we were asked what we would do with an extra hour of time.  And then today, butyoudontlooksick asked finish this sentence: if I had extra "spoons" today I would spend them on....

I think the distinction is a fine but distinct one.  The first one asks if I had more time, what would I do.  But I've lived with MS long enough to know that the reason the first one is even an issue is that the spoons are not there for me, even if the time is.  So when I say I don't have enough time to get through my list, I don't necessarily mean "time."  I mean that I'm out of spoons, and I'm not doing anything else; I'm done!

So if you DON'T have MS, what would you NOT do on your daily list, because you ran out of spoons?  What 5 things that you did today, would you skip, because of MS fatigue?  And remember, if you push those things to tomorrow, something has to come off of tomorrow's list.  You probably won't have more spoons...  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment