Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, July 22, 2011

Cassi and other randomness

*****
I got home last night and went out back with the pooper scooper to clean up the yard.  While I was cleaning the yard, Cassi decided it was time to do her business, so I bagged it for the vet.  I took it this morning (I did NOT eat breakfast in my car today) and the test came back negative for parasites.  Whew.  If her poop looks normal after a few days, I can discontinue her medication and probiotics.

*****
On a major street near my workplace, a weird light was put in recently for pedestrians, since they were crossing there anyway.  It has always amazed me when people just cross the street, outside of a crosswalk, like someone isn't going to hit them.  A friend of mine lives near my office and she has mentioned that there is a location that people cross in front of a particular restaurant, with no crosswalk, after dark, and it feels like being in a frogger game or something, trying to miss these people darting (hopefully) across the street. 

So a woman in Atlanta has been charged and convicted with vehicular homicide because her four year old kid was hit by a drunk and drugged driver (his third hit and run).  Although many (including the jurors apparently) do not agree with me, I do not think it is a fair charge.  Maybe, maybe, the reckless conduct charge, but look at the photo.  That looks like a direct path.  I can't even see where she would have crossed in a crosswalk, so it is pretty far.  When someone is hot, tired, dragging kids with them, well, I can't judge her for her choice.

*****
I love books.  And libraries.  And bookstores.  Peaceful, cool, infinitely interesting.  I buy online sometimes but I like to browse.  So Barnes and Noble is generally my first stop for book shopping.  I was at lunch today and someone was talking about how awesome the new Color Nook is.  I do not have a "reader" yet, but I think there is a case for the Nook.  And Barnes and Noble!  Do you fight the Amazon monopoly when you buy books?

No comments:

Post a Comment