Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, May 25, 2011

World MS Day

I'm tired of keeping up on MS related news, but can't stop.  Excerpts, my comments in parenthesis:
  • lack of vitamin D can lead to impaired vascular health, contributing to high blood pressure and the risk of cardiovascular disease. Study participants who increased their vitamin D levels were able to improve vascular health and lower their blood pressure.
  • people with MS have been found to have a wide variety of nutritional deficits.  (This seems like another version of "you have MS, you can't eat anything.")
  • I tire of my body. I tire of my pain....I tire of courage. I tire of strength....My disease is my child. Always tugging on my shirt sleeve. Constantly screaming for attention. Absorbing my time....I’m tired of being a mother to illness. Tired of needing spoons.
  • And then the T-cells did something interesting, something we weren't expecting. In fact, we were expecting the exact opposite response with these cells. (They don't know what they're doing, eh?)
  • if you have already been treated with a chemotherapy regimen for MS or cancer,  you must inform your IR if your seek angioplasty to relieve CCSVI.  These medications can have lifelong effects to your blood, blood vessels and cardiovascular system. (Yes, I am on Campath/Alemtuzamab as described within.)

No comments:

Post a Comment