Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Agility class

We had a course tonight.  Teka was sniffing the whole first run.  I'm not sure I really got her ready before we started.  Otherwise, we did pretty well.  I would like to focus on tunnel (especially with distance) and directional jumping (switch, wrap, tight, out) over the summer.  Cassi had fun and did a pretty good teeter as well as a great tire jump.

The course was a jump to the dog walk, left to a jump (front cross before or rear cross after), to another jump, around to a chute then the tire jump, over the previous jump (after the dog walk), then switch to the teeter (parallel to the dog walk).  Then a jump, right turn to another, then right turn into the weaves (parallel to the teeter).  Coming out of the teeter, out left to a jump, go to another jump, right turn to a jump to another, then right turn to a table.  From there, a jump into the left end of a tunnel (set up straight into the right side), up the A-frame, ending with a jump.

I read a training post about "criteria."  Generally, trainers say that the criteria is non-negotiable.  For example, if your criteria is a sit-stay until a certain word is said, they must do that criteria to move on.  I really loved how the trainer says she is the "keeper of the joy."  I think I might change my "agility" blog tag to "keeper of the joy."  It just sounds awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment