Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Agility class

Tonight was the last night of class.  It was a trigility course, which is actually 3 courses next to each other, with a different dog running each part.  We rotated so all our dogs got to run each of the 3 courses.  First was a jumpers course that included a tunnel.  Cassi had to be walked into the tunnel, making it hard to be on the other side of the jump (kind of u shaped--jump, tunnel, jump) for the front cross over the next jump.  I ended up doing a rear cross there.  I was really, really surprised that Teka let me do the rear cross and she went on over the last jump.

The middle course included a discrimination of the A-frame and tunnel, taking the A-frame one way, and then after a jump and separate tunnel, taking the tunnel the other way.  That section also had a jump, with a wrap in between two jumps to go out over the last jump.  A fake front cross helped but that was hard--it's like the dogs thought they were done at the first of the two jumps.

The third course seemed easy for both of them--it was a loop through some jumps, a teeter, more jumps.  The last 3 or 4 jumps were kind of lined up (leaning to the left though) and it was a good "go on" practice.  I hope to get some practice in this summer at home.  I heard the instructors talking about whether to move anyone to other classes in the fall.  I don't think they will move me to Thursday night classes until I can move both Teka and Cassi.  At least that's what I hope.  I don't think either is ready yet, but I think there is some criteria that Cassi is getting close to meeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment