Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, February 28, 2013

Gluten-free Bakery

I felt compelled to try to do a little something about yesterday's food malaise. So I went to the gluten-free bakery during my super late lunch break. At least it was late because I was busy and not because of my malaise. My stomach actually started growling during my meeting.
Yellow sweater and ivory tights GO, right?
Anyway, the bakery storefront is tiny, with a freezer case full of goodies. After I sampled the vegan (no egg) blueberry muffin (yum), I scanned every label. I found several items I could have including scones, cookies, cupcakes, a large brownie, yeast-free pizza crusts, and the chocolate donuts like my SIL bought me before. They are like little donut holes in appearance but little chocolate cakes in taste.

For dinner, I made panang curry with chicken, zucchini, and red bell pepper. The panang curry paste I bought at LeeLees recently. I used too much so it was way too spicy but it was good. I don't know why I thought it would be more peanut-y; I was thinking about adding some to see if it would take some of the heat.
My goodies, my goodies!
For dessert, I had some of my donut holes with vanilla coconut milk ice cream. Oh yeah, so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment