Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, July 23, 2012

Not for wimps.

I almost always participate in the NARCOMS registry surveys. They are long, but I hope that the information they gather helps decide the course of research in some way. I commented on the last one:

I'm unsure since they all seem to have the same symptoms, but my recent health issues could be related to MS, Graves disease, hyperthryoidism (previously hypo), or multiple food allergies, among other things. I'm curious about the autoimmune connection that I'm seeing in the allergy (particularly Celiac) community, people having autoimmune diseases like MS too.

And I got a response back!

There is a modest increased risk of other autoimmune diseases among MS patients (particularly thyroid, as in your case), but not as much as in other autoimmune diseases such as lupus or Type I diabetes.

Okay, it's kinda weak, but at least they tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment