Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, May 3, 2010

Weave Seminar

I took Teka to a Weave Seminar. I think that was the right choice since Cassi is more advanced, but I did pick something up to practice with her for her issue of popping out at the #10 pole. We used the 2x2 method, and part of it was putting the 2 poles at a bit of an angle at the beginning (for entry) or end (for Cassi's issue) of a long set of weaves. Teka and I worked on the 2x2 with 2 sets of 2 at a good angle and reducing the angle but also starting her in different positions. For weave training, it was important to not treat from the hand, so I threw hot dogs or cheese on the ground for her. (Targets work also if you have a second person.) Anabel also had the channel method (starts "open" so they run through and then close them until they are normal weaves) and the gate method, which is great for increasing speed and improving footwork. We got to do that a few times. It's important to finish on a good note, so we quit while she was still going fast. Then she ate a whole bully stick while class finished up with a demo. I have a lot to practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment