Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Neurologist

I reported my numbness last week to my doctor's office, which told me to report it to the trial study group, which called me on Monday (my contact, Iram, was out of office last week) and told me to call the doctor--I guess they had already talked. So I saw Dr G today. He documented it and said all my tests he did were normal for sensation. He had a student doctor sitting in and explained that most of my symptoms have been sensory. Since I'm getting my 3 day infusion in June, and that process includes steroids, he didn't feel it necessary to do anything now. (I wasn't expecting anything to be done now.) I did ask about MRI since my last one was done sometime before I started the trial last June. He actually called Iram while I was there and they rescheduled my infusion for the first week in June (so I have to defer my jury duty) and then he informed me that the MRI has to be within 2 weeks of the infusion and he would prefer beforehand. I talked to Iram when I got home and we're scheduling it the last week of May.

Dr. G said I'm the first of his 4 patients in this trial to have symptoms. He kept telling me how he's not worried, I'm doing well, etc. Well, my fingers and toes are numb and I AM worried that I'm having progression. I appreciate that he's trying to ease my worry, but I don't think it's working!

No comments:

Post a Comment