Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Saturday, May 22, 2010

Up North

We spent the day at Red Tank, between Flagstaff and Williams. Mike was judging Master level, which had a bye dog needing a dog to run. They chose Teka, with me to handle. We warned the other handler that she is not polite, keep the dogs separate. We did a delayed launch and all went well. I've never run at a hunt test, but it was a little extra hard because Teka kept checking in with Mike and I was trying to get her to go. The other dog was well ahead, until he went on point in the back course and I got her away. Then he ran past to the water tub and she followed. They were okay when she sniffed him, but then she got in the water tub and snapped at him when he tried to sniff her. It was just that warning snap, nothing that hurt, but.... He failed on his own, but I was disappointed that I wasn't able to find out if I could handle her out there. It is very unlikely we will ever run her in Master unless we can find a solution to her space issue. I was surprised by one of the people that said they had a dog like that and they just never did anything about it. I can't believe with the number of people we know that have been in this situation, no one can tell us how to get out of it. It is so frustrating.

And while I had Teka out, Cassi tore open the mesh in the door of her travel kennel. Of course it's the newest, nicest one we have. Aargh.

No comments:

Post a Comment