Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blog v. Journal

At work, I've become the "green" person. I started and maintain our recycling program, tease people for doing things that are not green (printing one sided when unnecessary), and have started writing "Green Tip$" for our e-newsletter. (That started with the past edition which is available on my work website.)

In addition, I heard yesterday from a co-worker that I've become an interesting person to talk to about healthy food. He suggested that I should have a blog; I told him I have one but it's not just about that, it's all kinds of stuff. He thought it would only be dog stuff! Since our company blocks blogs and I don't know that I censor myself quite enough, I'm not sure whether this is something I should/can share with co-workers. When I explained that my blog is whatever I find interesting, primarily health, dogs, and news, he said that it sounded like a journal. I thought that was interesting because that is exactly why I started my blog. I was told by my Physical Therapist that I need to journal. (He's the one who also told me to do my breathing exercises without distractions like TV and that it counts as exercise.)

I think this has come about from a sum of: (I'll do another post for the *'d items to clarify)
  • my owning, lending and discussing two of the Eat This, Not That! series
  • my participation in and discussion of Community Sponsored Agriculture programs
  • my taking several co-workers to the Wednesday lunchtime Farmer's Market at 20th St and Camelback (between Arby's and Trader Joe's)
  • my current purchase of Nature's Garden Delivered services and products*
  • my campaign against company sponsored soda and bottled water
  • my eating quinoa salad at lunch and discussing it, following up with an email, which converted at least one person to try and like it*

No comments:

Post a Comment