Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Sunday, May 19, 2013

Making stuff

The kitchen experiments continue with mixed results. First I tried bone broth. The roasted bones smell awesome. But I'm not so sure about this broth thing. It didn't gel like they say (although that does sound gross) and I tried having it for breakfast and I'm pretty sure that is not going to happen again. (see also here and here. I'm only linking so you can see the health benefits and tell me if I should try again with supervision since I'm not cool enough to make this work. I'm trying NOT to link to recipes that didn't work for me.) I'm not even trying to get my husband Mick to try this one.
bones underneath onions, garlic, peppers.
Next up: strawberry ice cream using canned coconut milk. I may have used my ice cream maker once when we got it about, let's say 15 years ago. It's old. But it seems to work. This experiment took forever since I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. Mick liked the ice cream but neither of us thought it was great.

ice cream with syrup (below)
I have so much zucchini, so I tried these zucchini muffins with Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips. Hmm. Edible but not great.

zucchini muffins, take 1.

So I covered these hard little muffins with ice cream and homemade strawberry rhubarb syrup. Better.
...as a sundae

Then I tried a chocolate zucchini bread. Well, I can't read and messed up the recipe and had to adjust the amounts on the fly to kind of but not really double-ish the recipe.
chocolate zucchini bread

...and muffins
It tastes gluten free. But moist in a weird way. But it didn't seem to "finish" cooking--like it seemed unset. I should probably retry this one with the correct amounts.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment