Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Saturday, June 11, 2011

Kachina cat

I came home yesterday, and my husband M, who had been home all day, told me that Kachina cat had sat in the middle of the living room crying for several hours in the morning.  Then she laid in her litter box the rest of the day.  Jill laid nearby for a couple of hours.  I went and found her still laying in the box--I'd never seen her do that before, and she came out when I called to her.

M and I talked about the decision we knew was coming.  Although Teka never let Kachina lay with her--we think she didn't like the purring--she did not move when Kachina jumped onto the couch last night.  Teka just laid there and looked at me with a mopey look.  Then Kachina laid with Cassi.  I tried to go to bed but ended up downstairs, laying on the couch with Kachina for a while.

This morning, I called to make an appointment at the vet.  M took Kachina out to the front yard, where she did a little exploring and laid in the (fake) grass.

M took me, with Kachina on my lap, to the vet's office.  I asked for her weight, but didn't hear anything after "5 pounds."  Wow, that's just unbelievable.  She was about 12 pounds at her heaviest, and she was over 7 pounds at her last vet visit last fall.  The vet was visibly upset, but said that it was obvious Kachina was well loved, we took good care of her.  They are going to make her paw print into something for me.  Chiina-bean was almost 19 years old

No comments:

Post a Comment