Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Dentist. Substitute dentist.

I go to the dentist every six months; I love my dentist and the staff in the office.  Today, my hygienist changed for the first time in several years.  I was also told that my dentist is with his family on a well-deserved and long overdue, lengthy vacation.  So I saw Dr. V.  My hygienist (who has been in this office for about 8 years but is not usually my hygienist) told me that my gums are very healthy, which was news to me--I used to have poor gum health.  I also saw on her notes that she wrote "hygiene: good" and that made me a little happy.  I don't brush or floss as much as I should, but I do make an effort!

I let her know that I had some pain in my lower right teeth a few weeks ago but hadn't noticed anything recently.  Dr. V said that my silver filling had leakage, but when I thought he was saying the filling was leaking, he said that wasn't it.  Then he said something that sounded like English but I didn't understand the words coming out of his mouth.  Or at least their meaning, as he was trying to explain this leakage issue.  At this point, it is just hitting me that I am FINALLY going to get my silver filling out.  I have wanted all of them removed since I started reading about MS shortly after my diagnosis.  One of the first "detox" recommendations is removing silver fillings.  (Note: dentists don't really but many high-profile MS patients have had this done anyway.)

Then Dr. V said I had the same issue on the left lower side.  And on the lower right side, near the front, I have one that should also come out but I will need a crown, as was recommended in my last visit with Dr. S, who said it could wait.  So Dr. V just told me I can have all 3 silver fillings taken out!  I can't believe how happy I am to be scheduling a couple of painful procedures.  Detox me and call me silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment