Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, June 9, 2011

Focus (audio "book" review)

I put "Focus" on hold right before I got some feedback, same as last year, about my opportunity area being prioritizing.  I am organized in some ways, but not in others.  But figuring out what is the most important thing to do at any time is a real challenge for me.  There are always things I would rather do, but also things on my list tend to get done when they are completely urgent.

I picked "Focus" up at the library and realized it was not a book but a program.  It alternates between Covey's narrative and a live program.  This program is the one I may be taking this summer as part of my development plan.  I think I took a Covey program many, many years ago before I could really use the information--I really didn't even use a calendar then--but I think I picked up some tools.  I'm looking forward to going now that I use multiple calendars.

The audio program is a good refresher for those who have been through the program, and maybe even for those who are just trying to pick up some tips for dealing with a never-ending to-do list.  However, this audio program was a bit dated.

No comments:

Post a Comment