Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, August 3, 2009

Buying for price or the planet?

I've been known to offend people by saying I don't usually shop at certain stores such as Walmart because I think they are contributing to the decline of our communities, our civilization, and our planet. Here is an interesting article on why we should consider NOT shopping at IKEA. I don't shop there anyway. Once we are out of college, adults should buy real furniture, something with craftsmanship, not something we have to put together ourselves. Of course there are always some exceptions to that, but overall, our houses should not be full of particleboard masterpieces that we put together ourselves and throw away when we're done because no one else would want them. I wonder how many I'm offending now....

No comments:

Post a Comment