Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Friday, June 6, 2014

Monitoring part 3 of 3

I went to the research office and waited until L called me to see where I was; I was supposed to be at Dr. G's office. Oops. So I walked over.

This was my visit to fill out the paperwork with questions about the last 3 months, the last 7 days, and today. She took my blood and vitals and I peed in a cup.

Dr. G did a quick exam. He always seems to want me to say how great I'm doing on the trial, and by his standards, I am. I haven't had a (clinically defined) excaerbation. However, I'm not better or the same as when I started in my opinion. Oh well, I guess it could be worse. Or better!

I did "complain" of ongoing fatigue. I take 100mg of generic Provigil (Modafinal) which is basically a half dose. He strongly suggested that I was taking too low a dose and wrote a prescription for an increase to 200 mg. I guess it's worth a try. I hate relying on medication but I also feel I shouldn't make things harder for myself than necessary...

14. You hope the test of touching your nose and the doctor’s finger has some medical relevance, and isn't just a practical joke.

touching your nose
http://www.healthline.com/health/multiple-sclerosis/would-understand

No comments:

Post a Comment