Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Monday, June 9, 2014

Cauliflower and kohlrabi

Since I wasn't home long enough to cook this weekend, I chose to go to lunch today.
First I went to pick up my increased Provigil (Modifinal) prescription (I take for MS fatigue.) As I feared, my price essentially doubled. Yay.
To make up for it (HAHA) I stopped at the bank next to deposit my $50 check I get for the drug trial visit. Big money baby, big money!
When I got to Flower Child, I asked about some menu items and decide to do almost the same as last time. I had the curry cauliflower instead of the veggies. It was good but I realized I should probably have more green on my plate so I might try the spinach and kale next time.
Flower Child Lunch
For dinner, I decided to make the sale chicken I bought on Friday from Whole Foods. I used a Namaste brands Homestyle breading and "fried" it in a little oil in my cast iron skillet, then baked it to get it cooked all the way through without over-frying.
The oven was already on because I was trying this kohlrabi sweet potato recipe (using parsley instead of rosemary so I didn't have to go back out to the garden in the dark.) I'm not sure if I had let my kohlrabi (from my garden) sit too long on the counter but they did turn out good for the most part. A few pieces seemed good but mostly....not. The sweet potatoes were awesome though. I also did leftover veggies. Mick liked it all except the kohlrabi.

No comments:

Post a Comment