Pages

DRAFT TODAY, POST TOMORROW: Some posts may be in draft status until I (aka procrastinator extraordinaire) get around to posting them.



Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day at the vet

The cats went to the vet. Kachina is still around 7 pounds. Otherwise, the vet thought she was fine. Jill, on the other hand, has a growth on her face and they think it should be surgically removed and biopsy it. If it's not removed, it could burst (like a blister) and get infected, but I can't see spending that kind of money. I just felt a little bad because I've been giving her ear drops, so she has been avoiding me and I didn't even realize she had the growth on her face. In fact, Jill and I got into a fight to get her to the vet. I was concerned that I would be late, and she was hiding. Unfortunately, she was hiding in the kitty condo in the front room that is practically surrounded by boxes. I ended up having to pull her out by her tail. She was very unhappy about that!

Later, I took the dogs to the vet. That was pretty uneventful after the morning! They just had rattlesnake boosters and Teka's vaccines. Later, at the Weim Club meeting, I was told that she doesn't need those (and the cats don't need theirs either.) Teka got her parvo/distemper booster, and as often as I hear of parvo "going around" I'm not sure I agree that she doesn't need it. I'll have to keep reading up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment